I have hosted with many Web Hosting companies over the years. I’ve been lucky in that I’ve not experienced any really bad issues. However, when my sites started loading really slowly, regardless of my best efforts to optimize them, I decided to find good WordPress managed hosting for my sites.
One of Googles criteria for ranking websites is their speed. Also, speed impacts the users experience. So this is an important goal when building my websites.
What Were My Requirements?
- At least 5 websites.
- Reasonable Pricing.
- Staging area.
- Free SSL.
- PHP 7.X.
- Managed WordPress Hosting.
- 24/7/365 Support.
After spending many hours researching hosting companies, I selected WPX Hosting. Price was an issue for me, but I also know that speed and customer service were high on the priority list and I did not want a standard shared hosting account.
Why Did I chose WPX Hosting?
There were a handful of highly rated hosts who offer “Managed WordPress” servers. This was important, since your mainstream hosting companies do not always understand the problems that arise from WordPress. I wanted a support team that specialized in WordPress. Unfortunately, I found most of the good ones are a bit expensive and start at $35.00/month for one site. I needed at least 5 sites, so the price went up to $115/month or more in some cases.
When reviewing a Facebook page, I saw someone recommend WPX Hosting. I had not heard of them before, so I took a look at their website. It looked good and offered everything on my list, so decided to give them a try. I could get 5 sites for $24.99 / mo. and they met the rest of my criteria.
How are they doing?
My Sites and WordPress were set up in minutes (I moved these myself). I used their staging account to move my accounts over and before switching the DNS. The sites, along with the SSL certificates were migrated within an hour. (I had already exported my two WordPress sites, so this included time to import them as well as other things I was working on at the time).
There was one problem with one of the sites SSL, so I opened a chat session with them and they fixed it within minutes. I also set up the staging area before installing WordPress on one of the main sites, so had to ask them for help. They installed it for me and again, it was done within minutes. I’ve never experienced support as quickly as they provided.
After moving my sites over to WPX Hosting, I was excited to see how fast my sites loaded and I still hadn’t activated the Cache plugin.
What you get with WPX Hosting?
- A “Staging Area” where you can merge your staging site version with the Live site version without losing new blog comments or post/page changes on the Live site since the Staging version was created. (Note that the staging site “staging.yourdomain.com” does use one of the allocated sites.)
- WPX Hosting’s 24/7/65 Support Team Average under 30 second response time.
- “FIXED FOR YOU” Guarantee: They will get your technical problems resolved fast.
- Unlimited Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed and Active in under 10 Seconds.
- PHP 7.X Enabled (Plus Earlier Versions) + http2 enabled.
- Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current hosts to WPX Hosting within 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week.
- US (Chicago) and London Datacenters.
- Enterprise-level Incapsula DDoS protection on ALL plans.
What Do Their Plans Cost?
|$24.99 / mo||$49.99 / mo||$99.00 / mo|
|5 Websites||15 Websites||35 Websites|
|10 GB Storage||20 GB Storage||40 GB Storage|
|100 GB Bandwidth||200 GB Bandwidth||∞ Bandwidth|
All of their plans include:
- Free Staging Area
- Site Migrations
- Unlimited SSLs
- Free DDoS Protection
- Manual backups
- malware Scanning & Removal
- 30 Day Money-Back
- 28 Day Auto-Backups
- 99.95% Uptime Guaranteed
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- USA/UK Hosting Locations